2020-21 Annual Fund
Double Your Gift, Double the Art
Admissions and memberships provide just 7% of our annual costs. SAM relies on the community’s generosity for 64% of our operating budget. Your Annual Gift makes our programs possible.
SAM has received two fantastic matching gift offers that will double your contribution! Your gift will have twice the impact in terms of art and educational programs.
- Donations received by December 31, 2020, up to $11,000 by two Museum friends
- New donors up to $10,000 by the McCormick Family Foundation
Each donation is only eligible for one match.
Mail your check payable to Susquehanna Art Museum to 1401 N. 3rd St., Harrisburg, PA 17102.
Call Alice Anne at 717-233-8668 x2006 to pay by credit card.
We accept gifts of appreciated securities, such as stock. Call Alice Anne at 717-233-8668 x2006 for details.
Directly from Your IRA
If you are over 70½, you can make a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from your IRA directly to the Museum. A QCD can help you reach your Required Minimum Distribution without having to pay income taxes on your donation. Call Alice Anne at 717-233-8668 x2006 or your financial advisor for more information. The Museum’s tax identification number is 25-1601081.
Giving Opportunities Created by the Cares Act
The coronavirus relief package passed in 2020 included these incentives for giving:
- For donors who itemize deductions: You can deduct charitable contributions up to 100% of your adjusted gross income (up from 60%).
- For donors who do not itemize deductions: You can take an above-the-line deduction for charitable contributions up to $300 (or $600 for married couples filing jointly) that are made in 2020.
- Corporations can deduct up to 25% of their taxable income (up from 10%).